Monday, October 17, 2005

Powerball

I think the jackpot is up to about 340 million bucks. Do you play? Do they have powerball in your state? (I think its in 29 states plus the virgin islands) If you won it, and got the one time lump sum, after taxes you would probably still have about 100 million. What would you do with it? Even if you don't play, it IS fun to think about what you would do with that much money. Would you give money to family and friends? Would you help the poor? Would you pay off your debts, and your children's? Perhaps you would put your kids or grandkids through private university? A trip around the world that takes a year? Would you buy a pink two seat convertible Mercedes (I would!). Would you help your neighbors? Or would you not tell anyone until the story broke on the five o'clock news... And then move away so the money grabbers don't find you!?!? Or still, Would you tell your ungrateful children that when you die its all going to charity so they wont have a motive to off you?
I think Chris plans on buying ONE ticket. I don't remember the last time we bought one.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I am one of those dreamers that play now and then when the jackpot is "worth" a dollar and a little time. I've spent millions over and over again. From paying off my friends' mortgages, to an elaborate home, I've spent it all, several times. In daydreams. :-)

cube said...

I play occasionally & I would love the opportunity to prove wrong the old adage that love of money is the root of all evil. You don't have to love money, all you have to do is use it wisely.

I would buy a big parcel of land & build a compound for my family & lots of animals. I would invest a big chunk of it, and then blog in earnest without having to work for a living.

Of course, I would also give to my favorite charities.

Sam I Am said...

Would love to win that jackpot .
So many things you could do with that money .A lot of it would go to
charities.

♥Caroline♥ said...

pay off everything, take a trip, fix up my house a bit. I'm not sure i would move but possibly! ummm buy a couple new cars.
travel some more..buy new wardrobes. god...i could go on forever.

Monica said...

Definately would pay off all our debts and house. Would buy a new house and also a vacation home. I would buy my mom a new car and pay off all their debts and pay for my hubby's grandmother to live somewhere comfortably. Make sure the kids are all taken care of for college and then live off the interest without working.

Jellyfish said...

340mil bucks??????

the highest jackpot i've seen over here was roughly about RM17mil (or about USD4.5mil)

even though it's a tiny sum in comparison, it's still considered a lot here. :)

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »