Monday, October 10, 2005

HE DID IT!

WOOT!! (if you recognize that exclamation, I pity you. If you don't, I can't explain it. Suffice it to say that Woot is a good thing, well an exclamation of positive feeling anyway.)

I will admit that I was a non-believer. In fact I was an anti-believer. Sure, I read the same literature and surfed the same web sites that you did, but I wasn't a believer. I even bought a few books, but none covinced me it could happen to me. I was positive that I was destined to spend eternity in the recliner. I do not have anything against the recliner. It is Blue. It matches the couch. It stretches out nicely. I have spent many a night in it. Pardon my rambling, I am just SO very happy. Tonight IT happened. I dropped Indy into his crib, awake. Wide AWAKE. He cried for about 5 minutes. I did to. All got quiet. I just KNEW he had choked to death, hung himself on a toy, or otherwise found a way to "off" himself. He was sound asleep. He put himself to sleep. In less than 5 minutes! I am a Believer. And, yes I AM singing the monkeys song in my head... "Then I saw (his) face, now I'm a believer! "(hehe)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hate working these late nights i miss on all of his cool stuff all he likes to do during day is scream lol but daddy loves him anyways

Autumn Storm said...

Sounds like you are an expert already!
Oh, and I can relate to the manic panics ;-) (have an almost 8 year old)
Adorable son, you have!

cube said...

Keep the routine the same every night. Don't deviate from it. Pretty soon, he'll go to sleep without any crying at all.

Sam I Am said...

Been there,I cant tell you how many times that monkey song had saved me .it dose work ...Sam I am

birdwoman said...

babies always scare you like that - there's nothing more terrifying than the sound of quiet.


congrats on the sleep. It won't last.
(*)>

Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Wow, your son is SO cute!!

Please keep up the great work!

♥Caroline♥ said...

awesome!!!! I'm with cube, keep up the routine.

Conners said...

2 grown kids and 2 grandsons later, and that first sound of silence still had me gently touch an ear or nose to see the slightest little movement to know they were still with me. Frightening at first, but then what a blessing as you sit and marvel to yourself what a beautiful little soul you had the privedge to bring into the world. Get used to it and enjoy your sleeps. *hugs*

Monica said...

That's awesome! I've always put both my kids to bed wide awake. It worked great until my daughter turned 3. It's a nightmare putting her to bed every night. It's all about the routine. My 1 year old son still goes to bed no problem, bop him down in the bed, give him sugar and turn out the light. Pretty soon he probably won't even cry at all. Good luck!