Saturday, October 08, 2005

One Size doesn't Fit All

Both of these outfits are sized at 12 mo. Do they LOOK the same size? UM, NO! So, I don't get it. Maybe I am "wonky" but don't you think that 12mo should be 12mo and a baby who is not quite 6 months shouldn't be able to wear any of it? In actuality, Indy has almost grown out of the light blue "Guess? " over-alls and is too small for the dark blue "Harley" ones. If I went to the store and bought two size 8 (which wouldn't fit me but I wont say what size I wear) pairs of pants... They would be the same size, or at least nearly, right!?!? Why are children's clothes sizes meaningless? Is it so we have to take the little screamers into the stores to try the clothes on, thus enabling the little beggars to demand more items than we planned on purchasing? Or is it because clothing manufacturers don't care if we moms have yet another headache to contend with? Some people have said "well, some babys are bigger than others" well, duh. That explains why Indy wears 9-12 month clothes, but not why clothes that are the same size are not the same size.

8 comments:

♥Caroline♥ said...

I ran into the same problem with my kids.

Anonymous said...

I still have the same problem with Men. When he was born he was quit a tall baby 54 centimeters and weighed about 8 and a half pounds. He was about a few days old and sometimes he needed clothes for babies off 6 months and sometimes even bigger… Now he is 10 years old and is still very tall, sometimes he wears clothes for children off 13 or 14 years old and sometimes 12 years, the problem is still the same ever since he was a baby.

L. Maud

Monica said...

Don't you just hate that crap! You almost have to either have your kid with you or have a tape measure on your or something. I guess its because the clothes come from so many different countries and they can't get their act together.

Sam I Am said...

No it's not the same size . I always go a little bigger,You know them manufactures . Send it back with a note on ....saying duh?!?
one size dose not fit all, Thanks
for sharing ..Sam I am

Jessica said...

For some reason, women's clothes sizes aren't all the same either. Even with the same exact brand, different styles of pants in the same size are just cut differently and thus fit differently.
I have noticed this in my own daughter's clothes, where she'll be still wearing 12 month sizes, she's 19 months, but also wearing 2T, 3T and even 4T sizes with ease.
It's all in the cut.

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I LOVE the visual! Hysterical...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I'm enjoying what you're writing, too. You might the "e-mail" collected items I posted today.

Hh

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
Asp complete free web hosts for $0 Cd data r recovery Overcome impotence and sexual dysfunction business investing commodities and futures forex chats and rhinoplasty breast implants Sex toy store in michigan jenna jameson

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »