Monday, October 24, 2005

Bed Time

Indiana has gotten to that point where he no longer wants rocked to sleep. Sometimes I miss it, but really, I know it is for the best. When he starts acting sleepy (like rubbing his eyes or yawning) I make sure he is full and dry, then put him into his crib. He will play and chatter until he finds his stuffed sting ray with one hand and his other hands thumb is firmly in his mouth. He drifts off to sleep with no trouble at all. He is sleeping about an eight hour stretch, waking up hungry and ready to face a new day. He is still taking two or three naps during the day on a set schedule. Napping at eleven in the morning, two in the afternoon, and five in the evening. This schedule is of his own making and seems to make him pretty happy.

5 comments:

Monica said...

That is great that he is going to bed on his own. You don't know what a difference this will make when he is older. Good for you. I don't kno how you keep all those stuffed animals in his bed. My 15 month old son tosses anything out you put in his bed. Including his own sassies! He also does all the toy boxes that way. My house looks like a cyclone hit it 99% of the time.

Faira said...

That looks suspiciously like Jengibre's ex-toy, ha, ha! Mom

Willow said...

I have to tell you how incredibly jealous I am.

I had one nonsleeper who would only sleep if she were touching me - no matter what I did.

And the other was a good sleeper but hardly ever napped.

Both gave up naps before a year old (unless we were in the car for a period of time - then out like a light).

They both talk/sing/shout in their sleep and sleepwalk. What fun it is around the Goob house at night! LOL!

They're 8 and 5 and somehow I survived their babydom.

Jealous I tell you.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »