Sunday, October 09, 2005

Crib Notes

It finally had to happen. We put it off, we procrastinated. I admit it. It was a step from infancy towards being a kid that I was dreading. It could be put off no longer. We lowered the mattress in the crib. Indy was grabbing the rail with one hand and trying to pull himself up to sitting. Sure he wasn't trying to jump out yet, but if he can try to pull himself up like that, he can accidentally do a header out onto his bedroom floor. With our gene pool, we don't need anything to help him be more retarded. (I'm kidding, it is in poor taste, yes, but it is funny if you think about it) And as sop to my wounded mothers heart, we didn't put it on the lowest rung. I will save that for when the rails come off and it converts into a toddler bed... That way I can cry twice! He is getting big FAST, and on pace to grow taller than his big brother by next year... Sorry Dakota, some short jokes are too good to pass up. I guess that gives you a free "fat joke" at my expense whenever you want it (but just ONE)!

(Last Christmas Grandma Donkey bought us the greatest crib... It has a changing table, dresser and shelves built in, and converts from crib to day bed to toddler bed and then the sides swing around for conversion into full sized head board) Oh, did ya notice the picture... he is sitting up by himself! For brief periods he will sit alone, then either succumb to the excitement of it all and fall over backwards, or get lazy about the balance and slowly drift over to one side or the other, but he is sitting up at last!