Monday, October 17, 2005

Habitat for Humanity

I do not usually advertise how poor we are. In reality we don't feel poor. Sure, we don't have a new car, and we live in as inexpensive an apartment as we can find. Indiana has a lot of clothes and things like that. Many of his clothes are clearance sale bargains! (like yesterday for twenty dollars at the local K-mart I purchased three pairs of pants and four shirts for Indy! The prices were 50% off of the lowest clearance price marked!) It turns out we are eligible (by about 2k per year) for a Habitat for Humanity home in our area. AND ThereIS a home available in our town. It seems that the people who were having it built for them dropped out of the program. So, in a weird twist there is a partially built home waiting for a family! Cross your fingers it is us! It took me over two weeks to get the application all put together, but today we turned it in. Now, we wait!

5 comments:

cube said...

I'm sending good vibes your way.

Anonymous said...

I'll cross my fingers!!!!
Maud

♥Caroline♥ said...

lots of prayers coming up!

Monica said...

How wonderful!!!! I work for a non-profit organization who also does homes for the needy kind of like Habitat for Humanity. We just started organization last year and our first home is almost finished! We can't wait! We'll keep you in our prayers and have our fingers crossed for you!!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» »