Thursday, October 06, 2005

Apartment dwelling

Living in an apartment, sometimes I find I am jealous of those great yard displays my mom pulls off. She has spiders and ghosts and webs at Halloween; Santa and his reindeer and a workshop and a multitude of lights at Christmas. The front of my building is brick. It is hard to put in tacks to hold up lights. My neighbor, Kim, has tried to add a piece of outdoor fall festivity for us under the stairway in front of my living room window. Kim is a great neighbor and Indiana loves to chat at her. She always does nice things like this. So, I had to make the comment lest you think ALL of my neighbors suck.

5 comments:

Scott said...

do you have a window that you can put plants outside of?

my mom is a green thumb and her yard is huge. I marvel at it!

Sam I Am said...

dak-ind I would have to agree with
you on the Jimmy Steward movies .
Appartment dwelling..been there done that. You have a AWESOME blog
Thank you for sharing .Sam I am

♥Caroline♥ said...

last year i found some hooks that have velcro and you can put them on brick, metal...or whatever!
It has a very sticky backing, i have a brick home and it worked for me all christmas. I found it at a "Big Lots" in their christmas decorations.

cube said...

Every year, we stake up a plastic black cat in the yard & we always mistake it for our real black cat, Felix. Lots of double takes this time of year.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »