Friday, September 16, 2005

What recourse do I really have?

Have you ever had money STOLEN? Money you NEEDED for other things? Like bills? When you find that someone has stolen your money (taken it without proper authorization) what can you actually do about it?
So here's the story:
Our local paper sucks. I knew that, I should have listened to my husband. (don't tell him I said that!) He used to work there, he KNEW. But I subscribed anyways. I like getting a local paper. So, the paper was due to start on the 13th. The money came out of my account on the 13th. No paper. on the 14th I get a paper. on the 15th I get a paper. ON the 15th they take the money out of my bank. AGAIN. Now, I know that the subscription rate is not that much money, but due to some recent purchases, I need every dime. I budgeted us down to the last $5. So with them stealing my money, I will over draw the bank when the car insurance clears. Instead of five bucks to spare (after all the bills were paid and the groceries bought and the diapers bought and the van gassed up to full) I will be negative 7 which will also cast me a 27 dollar overdraft fee!! 27 dollars is 3 hours of work for my husband!
Should I go down there and start yelling?
Should I call them on the phone and start crying?
Should I tell them THEY SUCK AND I WANT MY MONEY?
what recourse do I really have other than to accept their thievery and pay the fees? Its not like I have the cash to get an attorney over 11 dollars.