Sunday, September 11, 2005

In Memoriam

It has been four years. We all remember where we were and what we were doing when we heard the news. I remember the phone call, and the disbelief as I sat and watched. My sons will never live in the safe world that I envision for them. I often comment that I wish I had been raised in the fifties. I want that innocence. I want to live in a world where you can leave your doors unlocked, where you can trust your neighbor, and believe in our president! I wish for my children a better world than what they have received from us. We cant hide our heads, we can not live in fear. Where are all the good people in the world, and why aren't they standing together in outrage? We must FIGHT back for our children. Yes, for all children, but for MY children. I guess the real hope now is that our kids do a better job taking care of the world, and each other than we have done.

4 comments:

prying1 said...

I was in the 6th grade when President Kennedy was shot. I remember thinking that the world would never be the same. Something had changed in it. Some evil had taken a step forward and was going to continue stepping. I was a Republican by birth (thats what mom was.) and Kennedy was a Democrat but still I cried. The emotions transcended party lines.

I have since discovered that the first step forward evil took was well before mine or Kennedy's time. Well before the '50's. Evil will continue to advance in this world but we have a choice to fight against it in our own lives. We can also pray against it in the lives and hearts of others including our children. Each decision however belongs to each individual.

W.R. Chandler said...

Hi,
I just wanted to thank you for your kind words on my blog. Yours is the first comment I have received that wasn't from a friend or family member. I have checked yours out and what a cute kid, that Indy. I have a 14 month old son, and what a blessing he has been. My wife and I have our second child due in April '06, so this will the real gutcheck time coming up. I have also mentioned to my Dad on many occasions that I wish I had been raised in the 1950s. He graduated from high school in 1959 in the L.A. area, and he always regaled me with stories about how fun and relatively worry-free life was. I grew up in the 1980s; maybe not quite as innocent, but comparing it to now? It's like babe-in-the-woods compared to now. Again, thank you for your patronage.

Chanman
buckhornroad.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit and sweet comment you left on my blog. I can't believe it has been four years since 9/11. Where has the time gone? I still get knots in my stomach when I think of the horror. To top it off my daughter just recently returned from NY, she was there visiting all her actor friends. It's the only thing I could think of the entire time she was gone.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
norton finance loans argentina mysql webhosting