Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Couple of Updates

Chris is handling this very well. He has made the arrangements to take the day off work for his tests up at the VA medical center in Portland on October 21. Unfortunately he wont be able to get his tests done until then. Because he was wounded in the army he has Health Insurance thru the veterans administration. They are so overloaded it takes forever to get anything done.

Yesterday I talked to my mom about Chris's heart problem. She was really supportive and it helped me so much to talk to her. I also talked to Melody. Wasn't sure if I should because of her losing her brother to a heart problem back in April. However, I am glad that I did because she called her parents and asked them to put Chris on their prayer chain. I appreciate all the support, Chris does as well.

Jessica is supposed to come over today and we are going to load the strollers up with babies and baby gear and walk up to the State offices in old town. We are going to get Jessica's paperwork turned in so that she can have her daycare provider payed by the state (that's me! Hooray extra money is always good... With our budget the money from us caring for Zac will put us in the black. No more making half payments and overdrawing the bank account!)

Its official. The baby gates have to go up next pay day. I went to the bathroom yesterday and when I came back Indiana was on the other side of the room! He didn't crawl, more like rolled, but that means he can get around, and that means its time to block offthe kitchen! I think that's about all i will do, all the plug ins are either in use, or blocked by furniture. my plants arent poisonous (I dont think) and the furniture is all heavy and he cant pull it onto himself. Oh, and I am going to put one of those door knob thingies on the bathroom door, so he cant get in there.

6 comments:

men-a-men*s said...

I'm glad Chris is handling it well. but still ít's sad it has to take so long before he gets the tests done.
I'll be thinking of you,
bye for now!
Love Maud

♥Caroline♥ said...

hope things go well and are able to help him in some way.

Monica said...

I know all about the VA and their "that appointment will take 6 months to get." My hubby was injured and medically discharged from the Army after 10 year of service!

I hope things go well for him at his appt. You and your family are in our thoughts.

cube said...

Best wishes to you all.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing that your husband is Chris? I will pray for him. :D Don't worry though, everything will be fine. Keep praying and God will take care of the rest. It's only in his timing. :) God Bless you girl. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry this is happening. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Anyway, Chris comes from a very stubborn family, so we won't let anything happen.

Tracy