Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Nightmares and christening

I think I am going to have Indiana christened. This may sound superstitious to some, but he has horrible nightmares. At just 4 1/2 months he wakes up screaming and almost inconsolable, and I wonder if this might help. Cant hurt anyways. For those who believe in original sin, its about time I remedy his soul. Being a good parent and all. Chris says that he will respect whatever I decide to do. I appreciate that. I want to go and get him a nice rose and onyx rosary, but they are pretty spendy, so a standard little kid plastic one will have to do for now. I will try hanging it over his bed, almost like a dream catcher. I wish I knew what happened to my grandma hammond's. I don't think she was catholic, but I remember her having an old rosary. It was smooth and warm, and smelled like cigarettes. Weird what one remembers after all these years.

In 1989 some freak homeless slime ball had dinner in the St Mary's soup kitchen, then later that night burnt the beautiful old 19th century church to the ground. They let him out of jail a few years ago. Someone tried to burn his house down with him in it. It wasn't me. So the new church is pretty I guess, but it isn't the same. Chris and I went at Christmas last year. I know everyone says how beautiful etc the new place is. It will always just be the new place, even though they rebuilt this new church in 1990. But I want to take him there. I suppose in the morning I will call down to the new church.