Monday, September 05, 2005

Family resemblance

We keep looking at Indiana and doing the age-old parent thing of "this looks like aunt so and so, this looks like daddy and this bit looks like uncle whoever and i don't know where that nose came from". Well, Indiana looks like Dakota a little, and like Chris a lot, and sometimes i see a hint of me. One big frown and the accompanying scream even reminded me of Uncle Nihm! Then i was sent this picture. The little boy in this picture is a straight ringer for our Indiana. The facial features are so similar. The flatter wider bridge of his nose. That bit had been confusing me because it matched NO ONE!

This is my maternal grandfather (my grandpa McGarry). Gone now these twelve years, on the 17th (just 4 days before Dakota's first birthday). I do not know how old he was in this photo, but i would guess two-ish or less. He would be 79 now. I miss him every day. I wish my sons had gotten to know him. He was a spectacular grandpa! Every kid should have one like him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »