Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Danged bugs

So, we have Norton system works, with all the bells and whistles; Plus we use adorons fire wall. We still got some funky bug.
I wandered out blearily this morning to make a bottle and passing the computer I noticed down in the tool bar (NO JOKE) Microsoft internet explorer (73)! SEVENTY THREE pop-ups during the night, when no one was actually using the computer (in about a 3 hour time span). And now I have one of those danged "tool bar thingies" that add themselves on uninvited!
GRRRR. I don't know where it came from, and I don't know why all our security measures suddenly don't work.
I ran ad-aware, I ran Microsoft spyware, I ran Norton antivirus. I'm ready to run area 51 (the disc that restores the computer back to factory specs, completely wiping everything ). I hate bugs, cyber ones suck worse than the crawly real ones.