Sunday, August 14, 2005

Letting off steam....


So, today my son came home from his grandma donkeys house smelling like a cigarette. I have talked until i am blue in the face about this with her. I don't know what to do. Suggestions that do not include capital punishment are welcome (since i have already thought of capital punishment). Here's the deal: My mother in law is a smoker. My 4 month old son wheezes and has trouble breathing if she smokes around him, or holds him when she smells of the stuff. When my wonderful husband was visiting her today she must have held him tight because i had to give him a bath when he got home to get the "ode de la cigarette" out of his hair, and had to seperate his clothes so the scent didnt invade his bedroom. HELP!! im at my wits end.
And she doeesn't seem to notice the problem, even after a million (ok thats an exageration) attempts to get her to realize that Although i dont care what she does to herself, NOONE is endangering my sons well being if i can help it. Do i just not let her see him anymore? Is that fair to my son? I am going crazy about this.