Sunday, August 21, 2005

Confessions of a Worrier


I admit it. I am moody. I am a worrier. I am a good wife and mother, that is WHY i am a moody worrier. Well, that is my excuse.

I worry about the silliest things. I worry about whether my floors will still be clean "enough" next week when Papa Harley arrives. (Papa Harley is better known as Jerry, Chris's dad). You see, i shampooed the carpets last week. Chris, who still believes in the housework fairy, says his father wont judge my wifeliness on the state of our carpets. I am not so sure.
Chris tends to get ink from the presses on his shoes, and then trod upon the carpet when he gets home. He Often mentions how "neat" the UV ink his company uses is. How it has to go thru a special UV light to dry. He aint lying! When he steps in it at work, it stays wet and tracks all over our carpet when he gets home. Woolite double barrel carpet cleaner can be a woman's best friend.
I worry that I am becoming an old woman. Never before did I sound like an advertisement for household cleaning products. But then, never before did i need them this much, or use them this often. Maybe it's the fumes.
See, something else to worry about!