Saturday, October 07, 2006

Adrift

Sometimes, I find myself at a loss. No particular reason. I talked about this several months ago, but its that time of year again where I get a little "crazy". I still take delight in those things I love, like hanging out with Duck. It isn't depression. Its lethargy, I think. Exhaustion from nearly a year and a half without a full nights sleep. Sadness at another impending holiday season with a tattered family, strung hither and yon. So, pardon my tendency for erratic behavior; pardon my rambling.

Am I the only one effected by fall in this way? When the weather turns cooler and the children return to school, the holidays close in, memories come back of years past. It seems that there is more time to think. More time to brood. I see the beauty of the season, feel the crispness of the air, and smell the delicious scent of impending rain, and I feel sad.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm not sure if I'm affected by autumn that way - but I do feel quite energised right now, and it's spring here, so maybe there's something seasonal about it.
Michele and I say hit!