Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dakota's Basketball Game:

There is one more game after today's game is finished. Today's basketball game is being played right now, about a mile from where I sit. Why, you ask, am I not there? Well, because I couldn't find a way to get there.

I don't drive. There is not accessible, useful public transportation in our town. The spouse must sleep (he works the graveyard shift). I called my best friend. Today is her husbands birthday. She said his party is going on, or she would love to see another of Duck's games. I called the relatives too late to bum a ride. We have one taxi service in town, they don't do car seats. I asked.

So, I sit here, feeling like an awful parent. The last game of the year is next Monday. It is in another town, late enough at night that I will be searching for a ride to that game, starting now.

I hope ya win, Duck. Good Luck. Play hard. I love you.

5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope he won, too! What a bummer. Too bad you don't drive...that's a bummer, too, isn't it?
I love that photograph...He looks so open and available as a person...WONDERFUL!

♥Caroline♥ said...

I'm sure he understands.

Hopefully he won!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Quick, learn to drive. It's easy. Point and click.

Anonymous said...

Gimme a call, let me know when and where. I'll get you there, you know that.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »