Thursday, November 16, 2006

Elmo mania hits home...

I grew up loving Sesame Street. When I was a little girl, my mom made sure that when I started school (at 5) I could count, I could say the alphabet, I could write and spell my name, tie my own shoes, and do several neat little tricks like that. So many kids don't know those things when they go into school.
So, the experts say that watching the telly is bad for kids. Sesame Street has already taught Indiana, at just 19 months to say his ABC's and 123's. He recognizes those three letters and those three numbers when he sees them written down. When you say "One" to him, he says "Two"! He has recently started "sharing" with his stuffed Elmo. He will take a bite of his food, then try to give a bite to Elmo. He doesn't just sit and stare, he gets up and dances and shouts. When he hears the opening bars "Sunny day, chasing the clouds away..." He will drop everything and come running! So, screw the experts, We love Elmo.

2 comments:

John W Leys said...

Sitting in front of the TV all day like a slug and not doing anything else is bad.. but watching a few hours of TV a day (especially stuff like Seseme Street) is not going to hurt anyone.

That's my "expert" opinion :D

♥Caroline♥ said...

sounds like indy is off to a great start for school. It will make it easier for him to make friends and do the work that is required.