Tuesday, July 01, 2008

condolences to a friend's family:

my explanation, quickly, of why i haven't recently blogged: the printer isn't hooked up to our pc at the moment... that's where the camera card reader is. thus, i cant access the pictures with the pc meaning i cant put up any new pics of Indy and Duck up here... and we all know the real reason ya'll come here isn't to hear me ramble, its for the pictures!

today i decided i would ramble a little and show an old picture of a friend.
I met David years ago. His cousin John was dragging him around somewhere, or maybe it was the going away party, or maybe later it was a bar. the "when" is lost in the mists. David was a nice man, with a big heart, who life didn't play fair with.
i heard this morning that he left us last night.
I will miss his occasional rides past my home: he would ride his bicycle around town, and if we were out on the porch he would pull up and chat. we had him over for a few bbq's last summer and he was even at the block party for labor day weekend '07 (that's when this picture was taken). We always waved when we saw him walking his sister's dog. We weren't close friends, but i feel the nice guy lost, just the same.
To his family and loved ones, I'm sorry for your loss.

3 comments:

John W Leys said...

Thank you. When I found out this morning I wondered if you'd heard yet, but with everything going on hadn't had a chance to ask if anyone had told you or not.

He was a great guy, who always had a smile for everyone he met. He will be missed...

♥Caroline♥ said...

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy.
A very nice pic that you got of him.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I feel sorry for all.