Friday, June 02, 2006

The Alphabet Game

So I was cruising my blogroll, and missing the Pirate. I visited a friend of his, Oregon Celtic Lady, and not only did she let me know that the Pirate is just really busy lately and has no time to blog... She is also playing a game. I LOVE games (especially now when I don't have pictures to post of Indiana).

here's the game: She gave me a letter. I have to come up with 10 words starting with this letter. Not just any words though. No. That would be too easy. The words have to be meaningful to me. And, I have to explain why. She gave me the letter B, and instructions to hand out letters to anyone who leaves a comment that wants to play along. Here Goes:

1) B is for BOYS! This one was so obvious! My boys are both, in their own very special ways, the best thing ever to happen to me.

2) B is for Beauty! Not just the beauty all around us, but the hard road my husband has been down, trying to convince me that I am still worthy of the epithet "beautiful". He tells me everyday that I am still beautiful, regardless of how much I weigh. I believe him now. It wasn't always easy.

3) B is for Backyardigans! Backyardigans is a great pre-k show on Nick Jr. That Indy and I watch everyday. Its a great great show with music and values. Backyardigans is exactly what a kids show should be.

4) B is for Basketball! Dakota has been playing Basketball since kindergarten. I love to watch his games. Whether he wins or loses, scores 200 points or just 2, I am so proud of him.

5) B is for Baby! My old friend Philip and his wife just had Baby Boy! last week. They named him Brock Walter.

6) B is for Bread-winner! (or bacon... He brings it home!) Since I have become a stay at home mom, working only part time from home, I no longer bring home the bacon. Indy's dad is the bread-winner now. It is one of the many things I love and respect him for.

7) B is for Bose! (I am really reaching for words here, but C'mon, B is hard..). We bought a Bose system for our big screen. It has such incredible sound that now, my neighbors can sit in their homes and listen to whatever I am watching.

8) B is for Brilliant! I am firmly convinced that both of my sons are Brilliant. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise. A wise old friend of mine is quoted as saying "Every crow thinks his own is the blackest" (Thanks Mike). Mine are.

9) B is for Balance! We strive very hard in our family for balance. We try valiantly to achieve harmony and peace in our home. That may sound weird, and I can't really explain what I mean, but there it is.

10) B is for Zoe and the runaway Ball! Someone thought that the alphabet books from sesame Street would be a good gift for Indiana. He agrees. His favorite is Zoe and the Runaway Ball. He will smack me with the book if I don't take it and read it right away when he tries to hand it to me. I have it (and a few other of his favorite books) memorized so that I can keep reading even when his little head is in the way.

7 comments:

Just a trumpet player said...

Michele sent me !
Going to snoop around a bit...

Have a great weekend !

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is wonderful Dak-Ind...I love this list. I think I might try it if someone would give me a good letter! (lol)

oregoncelticlady said...

You did VERY well! Funny, we have just "met" and I thought of "B" because of your boys! Great minds think alike? Thanks for adding me to your roll and I will look forward to your visits!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Dear Mother of Two States:

Don't forget to pick up: "A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day."

It's terrific. According to me.

oregoncelticlady said...

Hey, I LOVE Alexander!

Carola said...

thats a fantastic idea!
you have lovely stories to tell, i hope to come back and read more about your 'two states' :D

From Australia I came..
Ravvy

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»