So, I sat down at the computer and stared at my blank blogger screen and thought... I don't have a thing to say today. So, I decided to visit my blogroll and hope something came to mind. Luckily for me, Hoss, that old horse-tail snake, gave me inspiration.
SO here it is... 6 things about me.
1) I weigh more right now than I ever have before in my life. Yes, that even includes while I was pregnant. Yes, I have a problem with it. No, I am not actively doing anything about it.
2) I am allergic to marijuana smoke. My doctor, and the one at the ER who (along with a wonderful crew of paramedics) saved my life, said that allergies like mine can develop from prolonged exposure to an irritant. My allergy was discovered at a party several years after I had stopped using the substance. Several Party-Goers smoking marijuana exposed me to enough of the smoke to send me, via ambulance, to Emanuel Hospital where it took over 4 hours to get my heart back into a normal rhythm and to reduce the swelling in my throat enough for me to breath on my own. Some have called that poetic justice.
3) I have been quoted as saying that "if I have another child, I will name it Desmond or Molly" (because the child's last name would be Jones). Not very many people get that joke... Even when I tell them the last name thing. Be honest, do you get it?
4) I knew I was a full blown grown-up the day I had a twenty minute phone conversation about "which dish soap works better as a pre wash for dishes before you put them in the dishwasher" with my best friend. I enjoyed that conversation.
5) I live in my hometown and am happy about it. When I was growing up I couldn't wait to get out. When I was in my twenties I left my small town for the nearby city(s). I tried Portland, I tried Seattle, I tried San Diego; in the end, I am happiest living right here, in the small town I couldn't wait to leave.
6) I like me. There were times in my life when I did not. In fact, most of my life, I did not. I had a lot of trouble coming up with 6 things about me that might be interesting enough to blog. I like that my life is so mellow and even that finding 6 things that other people might want to read is difficult. Too much "drama" is for losers.
(this post took me an hour to write!)