Thursday, August 09, 2007

Barbossa

As many of you are aware, Michael Vick, the quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons (now suspended), was indicted a few weeks ago for fighting pit bulls . There were other charges as well for neglect, cruelty, and inhumane killings of the animals.

I can not imagine why anyone would want to treat any animal like this.

Although Indiana does not have any pets (due to apartment restrictions), Duck has several. He has a pony, three dogs, a few cats, and several stray "whatevers" that wander his way. One of the dogs they do have is this beautiful pit bull puppy. Doesn't he look dangerous? No? He doesn't look dangerous because... HE IS NOT DANGEROUS. He is a puppy, who is loved and cosseted and overfed, like the rest of the pets (and people) in the family. How could anyone hurt a puppy like 'Bosa?

What is wrong with people?

7 comments:

Madseason said...

Hi! I'm here from Michele's...

You bring up Michael Vick... I ranted about him on my own blog! Come see it! Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with the mentality of a human that can be so cruel... to animals OR people. Just doesn't make sense. However, I would like 5 minutes alone with Vick... he enrages me so that I would LOVE the opportunity to 'show' him a little of what he put those poor dogs through...

MaR said...

I don't know Michael Vick but I guess I haven't missed a thing...cruelty has no explanation...
Glad to see you again! I read that emmenthal cheese is known as Swiss cheese in the US :)
happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Infuriating! Any type of cruelty is despicable . Especailly to animals and children... who are innocent and helpless. Makes me sick. I hope Vick is punished appropriately.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I'll put in with you. I have no clue.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievably sick. And unforgivable :(

Michele sent me tonight...

D.O.M. Dan said...

I was outraged when I heard about Vick, and I'm glad he's on suspension. I owned a pit mix, and she was gentle with people, but didn't like other dogs (except for my other dog - a husky). Both are long gone and in doggy heaven.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a nice comment. I'll come back and visit again.

Best regards.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is beyond me, for sure! IF the allegations are true about that gentleman..well, he certainly ain't no gentleman...let alone a human humane being...! So I can't get what would be in someone's mind and heart to find this kind of cruelty sporting or amusing...It's just downright sick!

That puppy is darling and dear. Great picture, too...Too bad Duck doesn't like that little guy! (lol)