Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hooray for the US Postal Service!

I am so excited! All of our Christmas Cards that need to be mailed are now in the hands of the Post Office! It took 2 days to get all the pictures ready and envelopes addressed, but it is a labor of love. I feel a little bad that this year; I didn't write as much as I normally do, but they are out there!
Duck boy visited yesterday and helped get the tree up. This morning I finished with the ornaments and lights, and after I write this I will start popping the corn and stringing it. Every year my popcorn strings get a little pinked by my own blood, as I prick my fingers with the needle. However, I never lose enough blood to be incapable of finishing the chore. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Most of the gifts are purchased and wrapped... The packages to be shipped to distant family have all been wrapped and await just a nice sturdy box. Just a few last purchases for us to finish the gift purchasing in our budget. I am not one of those people that goes into debt for gifts. We budget a certain amount of money that we can reasonably afford, and start saving in September. When the money runs out, that's it. I have enough left to do some nice things for the family, so that's good.
All in all an excellent day.
Pictures of the tree forthcoming...

No comments: