Thursday, February 08, 2007

the Larry Bird birthday...

I was one of the lucky ones. I grew up in an era of Celtic pride. I grew up during the Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish era.
Larry Bird, affectionately dubbed "the Great White Hope" was the king when I was young. No "Magic" could touch him! It was an era of fantastic basketball, before Jordan, pre-Shaq. Larry's jersey was later retired, immortalized in not only Celtic history, but NBA history. A true hall of famer! An amazing player, a great coach, a role model for work ethic and talent.
This was my Larry Bird birthday, good old 33.
Indy's daddy went out and made my Celtic birthday dream real... He made me this awesome jersey cake.
Thank you, hunny!

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That is an amazing cake! LOL! So creative and inventive, too! FUN!

♥Caroline♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U!!!!!!!!
that's an impressive cake!
Hope you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

it should be laimbeer